The main objectives of Highway Patrols are controlling Traffic, enforcement of Traffic Laws, prevention of Road Accidents, providing immediate attention and assistance to victims of accidents, handling of Law & Order issues, and enforcement of Laws on Highways, etc. Each Highway Police Vehicle is assigned an Operational area and a Base Station. The Officers and men are deployed for duty in the Highway Police from various Police Stations in the District.
The four Highway patrols in Malappuram Police District are:
1. Highway Police (Highway 1) Idimuzhikkal to Valanchery (NH 66) (Base Station Thenhipalam)
2. Highway Police (Highway 2) Valancheri to Perumpilavu (NH 66) (Base Station Valancheri)
3. Highway Police (Highway 3) Ayikkarapadi to Karingallathani (NH 966) (Base Station Kondotty)
4. Highway Police (Highway 4) Malappuram to Vazhikkadavu Boarder (CNG Road) (Base Station Manjeri)
5. Highway Police (Highway 5) Mini Pamba to Palappetti Boarder (Base Station Ponnani)